Back To Recipe
Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Wow what a recipe!. Loved this soup. Excellent for a cold winter day, easy to prepare. — Pati Klein
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope or JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans beef consomme (not bouillon)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 teaspoons parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 8 to 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Saute onions, garlic and carrots in olive oil until onions are soft and carrots are beginning to soften (they will continue to cook as the soup simmers.).
- Add in diced sausage and saute for a few minutes. Add in tomatoes, beef consomme, water. Add in spices. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ten minutes before it is done add in diced zucchini and tortellini and cook until tortellini is tender.
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.