Sausage and Pancake Dunkers
Fast and fun breakfast . We love pancakes and sausage at our house and saw this recipe and thought I would give it a try. We made these Christmas morning knowing things would be very fast paced with three young grandkids. We had them on the table and ready to eat when they go here and they loved them. This has now become a Sunday morning favorite when we have sleep overs. — Jeff
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brown Sugar & Honey, Vermont Maple Syrup or Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 1/4 cups pancake mix (Use pancake mix that requires eggs, milk and oil. Do not use a "complete" pancake mix that only requires water)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- Additional maple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange sausage on a 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until internal sausage temperature is 160°F.
- Remove sausage and set aside.
- Wipe down inside of pan. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the pancake mix, milk, oil, maple syrup and eggs.
- Pour pancake mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Arrange breakfast links evenly spaced on top of batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pancake is set.
- Cut into individual Sausage and Pancake Dunkers. Serve with additional maple syrup.
- TIP: For even easier preparation, use Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Breakfast Links and omit steps 2 and 3.