Rustic Rigatoni -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Italian Sweet Sausage Links
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- juice from 1/2 to 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Grill sausage on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly; cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and red pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes longer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the broth, flour, salt, pepper, lemon peel, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. Add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- Add sausage and rigatoni to skillet; combine.
- Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.