Rustic Pasta Alfredo with Johnsonville Three Cheese Italian Sausage
Worthwhile and fast!. This made a huge pan of food, and it was quite tasty. Will make again. Substituted Johnsonville "Better Cheddars" smoked sausage as I could not find the Three Cheese. — Kristen
Servings6 to 8 servings
- 1 package (12 ounce) penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 jar (15 ounce) Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, sauté the zucchini, squash, mushrooms, onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage, Alfredo sauce, pepper, basil, oregano and thyme; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.