- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Apple Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Roughly chop carrot, onion, and garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in large bottom pot; add onion, carrot and garlic. Sauté until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add sliced sausages and lightly brown.
- Add cumin, lentils, chicken broth and simmer for 50 minutes (until lentils are tender).
- Garnish with parsley and add fresh ground black pepper to taste.