Rustic Bread, Sausage and Southern Greens Stuffing
About this recipe
Take your taste buds to a flavorful journey down South with this tasty stuffing recipe from Johnsonville. This dish takes your favorite stuffing and adds in some sweet Southern goodness with collard greens and Johnsonville Andouille Sausage. The signature flavor of the Andouille Sausage is perfect with the greens, making this dish a trip you’ll never ever forget!
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) cubed herb seasoned stuffing
- 2 packages (13.5 ounces each) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound collard greens, cooked, drained and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the stuffing cubes, Andouille sausage, collard greens and sage. Add broth and eggs; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt. or 4-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°F.