Reuben Waffle Melt
About this recipe
Reinterpret your Reuben with another flavor innovation from Johnsonville! This dish captures the spirit of the Reuben with Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and Johnsonville New Orleans Smoked Sausage. Ready in less than 15 minutes, this Reuben waffle is a quick way to satisfy your hunger.
- 4 links Johnsonville® New Orleans Smoked Sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 large waffles (make quick homemade waffles using your favorite baking mix, or save time by using store-bought frozen waffles)
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Layer waffles with the sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and sausage on top of waffles. Top with Swiss cheese.
- On a parchment paper lined baking pan, bake for 6-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.