Rigatoni Sausage Carbonara
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Grana Padano cheese or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 egg yolks
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente doneness; drain and set aside.
- Cut sausage into 1-inch chunks.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in butter over medium heat until cooked through and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir 2/3 c. broth into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add rigatoni; toss to coat.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, remaining 1/3 c. broth, and half of the cheese. Stir into skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and coats the pasta, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Enjoy!