Reverse-Spinach Dip Sausage Balls
About this recipe
Reverse-Spinach Dip Sausage Balls deconstructs the traditional Spinach Dip by putting spinach together into sausage meatballs alongside a creamy side dip.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 package Johnsonville Italian or Mild Italian Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- sprinkles of Cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 package spinach dip spice mix
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the cornmeal, brown sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the grated cheese, sausage, spinach, onion and cream cheese thoroughly with your hands. Add the dry ingredients mixing until well incorporated.
- Pinch off enough of the mixture to make a ball about an inch in diameter and place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. While baking, prepare the dip according to package directions.
- When balls are done, sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper and serve with the dip.