Back To Recipe
Fantastic!. Absolutely delicious. Everyone loved (kids can leave off dressing). We only eat Johnsonville brats. — Jay
- 6 JOHNSONVILLE® Smoked Brats or JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut
- 5 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 5 tablespoons mustard
- 6 dark rye hoagie rolls
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- Grill brats according to directions. Keep warm.
- Sauté sliced onions in butter over medium low heat until light golden brown. Keep warm.
- Warm sauerkraut in a saucepan until heated through.
- Blend Thousand Island dressing and mustard together to make Reuben sauce.
- To make one sandwich, place a brat on an open-faced hoagie roll with two tablespoons of Reuben sauce, a slice of Swiss cheese, and onions. Top with sauerkraut and serve warm.