Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
A wonderful spin on a sandwich favorite.
- Servings: 6
What you need
- 6 JOHNSONVILLE® Smoked Brats or JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut
- 5 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 5 tablespoons mustard
- 6 dark rye hoagie rolls
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Grill brats according to directions. Keep warm.
- 2 Sauté sliced onions in butter over medium low heat until light golden brown. Keep warm.
- 3 Warm sauerkraut in a saucepan until heated through.
- 4 Blend Thousand Island dressing and mustard together to make Reuben sauce.
- 5 To make one sandwich, place a brat on an open-faced hoagie roll with two tablespoons of Reuben sauce, a slice of Swiss cheese, and onions. Top with sauerkraut and serve warm.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE