Reuben Brat Hoagie
teenager food. These are perfect for teenage boys. My son and his friends can't get enough of them. After a day of swimming these will fill you up. — Lisa Graber
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/3 cup coarse ground mustard
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, drained
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- Grill brats according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, cut into ¼-inch bias slices.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread salad dressing mixture on the inside of bread. Layer bottom of bread with six slices of cheese, brats, onions, sauerkraut and cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut hoagie and serve hot.