Reuben Brat Hoagie
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Grilled and sliced Johnsonville Sausage, Swiss Cheese and Thousand Island Dressing combine on a hearty hoagie roll for the perfect game day crowd pleaser. Add chips and a pickle and watch the crowd come running at halftime!
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
Reuben Brat Hoagie
What you need
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/3 cup coarse ground mustard
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, drained
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Grill brats according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, cut into ¼-inch bias slices.
- 2 In a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard.
- 3 Slice French bread lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
- 4 Spread salad dressing mixture on the inside of bread. Layer bottom of bread with six slices of cheese, brats, onions, sauerkraut and cheese.
- 5 Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut hoagie and serve hot.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE