Hacienda Sausage, Rice and Beans
Nothin' Like Rice and Beans!!!!. I changed this up a bit. I have a lot of fresh zucchini so I fried that up with the onions. Delicious. I will definitely make this again. For leftovers the next day, I just stirred the cooked rice in and added a touch of broth. Very nice meal. You will be pleased. — Joan G
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- Remove brats from casing and brown in skillet. Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add beans, sausage, tomato paste and jalapeño pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and serve over rice.