Red Beans and Rice Stuffed Peppers with Andouille Sausage
About this recipe
That great red beans and rice taste you love kicked up a notch with spicy Andouille Sausage!
- Prepare red beans and rice mix according to package directions.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook peppers for 3-5 minutes or until just tender. Immediately place peppers in an ice water bath to cool; drain well.
- When rice is tender, remove from the heat. Stir in sausage and corn. Arrange pepper halves in a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon rice mixture into peppers.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.