Red Beans and Rice
Also good with mild Italian sausage. I made this with Johnsonville ground mild Italian sausage since that's what I had on hand. I browned the sausage, removed it while I cooked the veggies, then added it back in while cooking the rice. Yummy! — Kate
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium oil blend
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden garlic
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 cups uncooked Uncle Ben's® Original Converted® Brand rice
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces, each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15.25 ounces, each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Red Gold® diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup Gourmet Garden Parsley
- Original Louisiana Hot Sauce
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and sauté sausage slices until brown on both sides.
- Remove sausage and keep warm.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and rice to Dutch oven.
- Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender and rice lightly browned.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, remaining Cajun seasoning and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add sausage and parsley; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves. Serve with hot pepper sauce.