Queso Brat Texas Scramble
About this recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Queso Brats
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches) cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 - 10 dashes hot sauce
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cook brats according to package directions. Cool slightly and halve and slice.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet, add tortilla squares; fry until crisp.
- With a slotted spoon remove tortilla to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- In another skillet, sauté the onion, pepper, jalapeno and garlic in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, chili powder, salt and hot sauce.
- Pour into skillet; cook, stirring occasionally until set.
- Add the brats, tomatoes, black beans and tortillas; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.