Queso Blanco & Black Bean Slow Cooker Dip
About this recipe
Perfect for your next game day gathering, this recipe combines the great flavors of Jalapeno and Cheddar smoked sausage, black beans and salsa verde. All it takes is a few simple steps to create a creamy, crowd pleasing dip.
- 1 package (14 ounces) Johnsonville® Jalapeno and Cheddar Smoked Sausage, finely diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) Bush's® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- tortilla chips
- fresh jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, cilantro or lime wedges (optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, blend softened cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add diced sausage, beans, shredded cheese, salsa and garlic; mix gently to combine.
- Transfer to a 2 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 2-1/2 hours, or until heated through, stirring every 30 minutes. Reduce heat to WARM to hold for serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips. If desired, garnish with jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro or a squeeze of fresh lime juice.