Quattro Formaggi Pizza
amount of water. ingredient list has 1/2 cup water, but instructions say 1 cup water. I think should be 1 cup water. step 7 says to roll into a 10 inch diameter circle. A single recipe rolled to a 10" circle would be way thicker than the picture. I think divide dough into 2 or 3 (maybe even 4) pcs and then roll into circle for toppings. I doubled recipe thinking it only made 1 since it called for 1/2 c water, but ended up making 1 larger pizza (14"?), 1 mama bread (dough baked topped with butter, garlic salt, and moz cheese), two 8-10" pizzas and put rest of dough in freezer (will see if that works!) Topping flavors were delicious. Never put rosemary on pizza before - delicious. 4 stars cause it is very good, but the recipe needs adjusting for right amounts of water and number of pizzas it makes — kj
- 1 package (16 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® All Natural Fresh Mild Italian Ground Sausage or 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Fresh Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces, each) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prebake pizza crusts according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Allow crusts to cool slightly.
- Spread ½ cup ricotta cheese over each crust. Top with mozzarella cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, sausage and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh herbs, if desired.