Puffed Pastry Sausage Turnovers
Must Bake with the Kids. Since cooking has became a team sport at my house these were a delicious surprise that filled all of our stomachs up... I even doubled the recipe over the weekend. — Pamela Scott
- 1 package (19 ounce) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (17.25 ounce) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Prepare sausage according to package directions and dice.
- Combine sausage, Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, green onions and egg; mix well.
- On lightly floured surface, roll one sheet of puff pastry in 12-1/2 inch square.
- Cut into 25 (2-1/2 inch) squares.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon filling on each square; fold to make a triangle; seal with fingers or fork.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining sheet of puff pastry and sausage filling.
- Bake at 400ºF for 15 minutes or until golden brown.