- 2 cups uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, cubed (Velveeta® or Kraft®)
- 1/2 package JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope or JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, quartered and sliced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage.