Primo Johnsonville Italian Sausage Melt
Great Recipe and Delicious. This is a very delicious and tasty dish and easy to prepare. Also made open faced on white and wheat low calorie sandwich buns to serve as mini pizza's. Try with turkey kielbaska and add mushrooms and low fat mozzarella cheese. Add on a side salad, perfect meal. — Laura Westrich
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 green, yellow or red sweet bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 French Baguette, cut into 4 to 5 inch lengths, partially split
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions and slice.
- In a skillet, sauté pepper and onion in oil.
- Arrange bread pieces on a baking sheet.
- Arrange cooked sausage slices on bread.
- Top with pepper/onion mixture, 2 tablespoon of marinara and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Place under a preheated broiler (6 inches from element) for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Position top of bread onto sandwich.