Back To Recipe
Johnsonville Italian Sausage Root Vegetable Hash
Servings4 to 6 servings
Great Meal. Easy to prepare and is just delicious. Prepared exactly according to recipe and it's very good reheated the next night. — Pat
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Finely dice vegetables, potato, sweet potato, onion and carrots.
- In large (extra-large) skillet add canola oil.
- Brown sausage until almost cooked, then add all vegetables and water and thyme.
- Mix together, reduced heat to medium and cover. Stir occasionally.
- Let cook for 25 to 30 minutes until vegetables are tender over medium heat.