Johnsonville Brat Potstickers
Servings40 to 45 potstickers servings
About this recipe
If the words “bratwurst potsticker” sounds dangerously delicious, then Johnsonville’s got the dish for you! This fantastic fusion recipe brings together the heavy-hitting flavor of Johnsonville Original Brats with the delicate finesse of Asian potstickers. Garlic, onions, carrots, cabbage and soy sauce are a great match to the bratwurst, making a delicious, meaty morsel for the potsticker center. Tasting these potstickers will show the world that the flavors of Johnsonville are truly universal.
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats, casings removed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 40-45 potsticker wrappers*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dipping sauce
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain and remove from skillet.
- Using the same skillet, sauté garlic, onion, carrot and cabbage until tender.
- Add soy sauce, pepper and sausage; stir to combine. Remove skillet from heat.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of meat filling onto each potsticker wrapper.
- Brush edge of wrapper with water, fold in half and seal.
- In a clean skillet, heat oil and brown potstickers on both sides.
- Add water to skillet, cover, and allow to steam for 5-7 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.
- *Wonton wrappers may be substituted for potsticker wrappers.