Johnsonville Brat Potstickers
About this recipe
If the words “bratwurst potsticker” sounds dangerously delicious, then Johnsonville’s got the dish for you! This fantastic fusion recipe brings together the heavy-hitting flavor of Johnsonville Original Brats with the delicate finesse of Asian potstickers. Garlic, onions, carrots, cabbage and soy sauce are a great match to the bratwurst, making a delicious, meaty morsel for the potsticker center. Tasting these potstickers will show the world that the flavors of Johnsonville are truly universal.
Servings40 to 45 potstickers servings
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats, casings removed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 40-45 potsticker wrappers*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dipping sauce
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain and remove from skillet.
- Using the same skillet, sauté garlic, onion, carrot and cabbage until tender.
- Add soy sauce, pepper and sausage; stir to combine. Remove skillet from heat.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of meat filling onto each potsticker wrapper.
- Brush edge of wrapper with water, fold in half and seal.
- In a clean skillet, heat oil and brown potstickers on both sides.
- Add water to skillet, cover, and allow to steam for 5-7 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.
- *Wonton wrappers may be substituted for potsticker wrappers.