Johnsonville® Italian Sausage and Pepper Medley Pasta
Great Reciepe. I did not add the carrots but I did add some Oregano with the Basil. I also put this over Riced Cauliflower instead of pasta which was delicious and much lower in carbs and calories. — Christina Gray
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 2 cans (28 ounce each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 package (12 ounce) pasta, any type
- salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Place oil in a sauce pan with onions, peppers and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent about 10 minutes.
- Add the thyme, basil and carrot and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium low and cook for 30 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Spray a separate skillet with cooking spray. Add the sausage. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let sausage cool slightly and then slice into coins and add to sauce.
- Prepare favorite pasta according to package directions.
- Serve sauce over pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese.