Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
The combination of Mozzarella, basil, Gorgonzola cheese, bell peppers, and Kalamata olives provides the setting for subtle textures, delicious aromas, and rich flavors. Adding Johnsonville’s Hot Italian Sausage and a delicious Marinara sauce to the mix gives you one stunning pizza!
- Servings: 4-6
- Cook: 13 minutes
What you need
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Ground Hot Italian Sausage or Links, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 1 pre-made crust, thin
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1-1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 4 sliced rings green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 Position oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F.
- 2 In a large skillet, sauté sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up as you go until cooked through. Drain off fat; set sausage aside. Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160°F.
- 3 Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread sauce over crust, leaving ¾” border around the edge.
- 4 Top with 3/4 cup Mozzarella, 3/4 of basil, sausage, 1/2 cup Gorgonzola, olives, remaining Mozzarella, bell pepper and remaining Gorgonzola.
- 5 Bake pizza 13 minutes until crust is crisp and topping is heated through.
- 6 Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining basil, cut and enjoy!
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE