Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Johnsonville takes Italy’s best-loved bean and combines it with one of Italy’s best-known foods. The beans add a delicious texture and work beautifully with the cherry tomatoes, red onion, greens, and Johnsonville’s Sweet Italian Sausage Links. The mozzarella and goat cheese combination is the perfect way to top this hearty pizza.
- Servings: 4-6
- Cook: 15 minutes
What you need
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Sweet Italian Sausage Links
- 1 package pizza dough, refrigerated
- all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1-1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow and red cherry tomatoes, sliced or 3 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- 1 cup cannellini or other white beans, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups small-leaf greens, such as baby arugula or mache
- 1 Position oven rack on lowest shelf and preheat to 425°F.
- 2 Lightly oil a 17 x 14 inch heavy baking sheet (without sides).
- 3 In a medium skillet, cook sausage until browned. Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160°F.
- 4 Add beans, garlic, broth, and 1 teaspoon oil to a food processor, pulse until coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Dust pizza dough with flour. Use hands to roll pizza dough onto baking sheet.
- 6 Spread bean purée over dough, leaving a 1 inch border around edge.
- 7 Top purée with tomatoes and onion, then sprinkle with rosemary, goat cheese and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8 Bake pizza 12 to 15 minutes until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly.
- 9 Remove from oven. Toss greens with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil, add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle over pizza.
- 10 Cut and enjoy!
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE