About this recipe
Johnsonville takes Italy’s best-loved bean and combines it with one of Italy’s best-known foods. The beans add a delicious texture and work beautifully with the cherry tomatoes, red onion, greens, and Johnsonville’s Sweet Italian Sausage Links. The mozzarella and goat cheese combination is the perfect way to top this hearty pizza.
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Sweet Italian Sausage Links
- 1 package pizza dough, refrigerated
- all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1-1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow and red cherry tomatoes, sliced or 3 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- 1 cup cannellini or other white beans, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups small-leaf greens, such as baby arugula or mache
- Position oven rack on lowest shelf and preheat to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a 17 x 14 inch heavy baking sheet (without sides).
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage until browned. Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160°F.
- Add beans, garlic, broth, and 1 teaspoon oil to a food processor, pulse until coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dust pizza dough with flour. Use hands to roll pizza dough onto baking sheet.
- Spread bean purée over dough, leaving a 1 inch border around edge.
- Top purée with tomatoes and onion, then sprinkle with rosemary, goat cheese and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake pizza 12 to 15 minutes until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Toss greens with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil, add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle over pizza.
- Cut and enjoy!