Picnic Sandwich Loaf
About this recipe
This quick and easy sandwich is packed with flavor and is light and refreshing to boot. Johnsonville’s Original Summer Sausage and sharp cheddar cheese provide some great savory notes while tomatoes, red onions and romaine lettuce give a nice, zesty crunch. Slather on some bacon ranch dressing, and you’ve got a dish that’s great wherever you go!
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Summer Sausage, cut into 24 slices
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread
- 1 cup bacon ranch salad dressing
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut ciabatta loaf in half horizontally; spread salad dressing on cut sides.
- On bottom half, layer the summer sausage, tomatoes, lettuce, onion and cheese. Replace top half.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate or store in a cooler until serving.