Philly Cheesesteak Waffle
About this recipe
The traditional cheesesteak gets the waffle treatment from the flavor innovators at Johnsonville! This dish fully represents the authentic sandwich flavors with Johnsonville Beef Brats, green bell peppers, onions and American Cheese. No roll needed for this quick and easy Philly fix!
- 4 links Johnsonville® Beef Brat, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 large waffles (make quick homemade waffles using your favorite baking mix, or save time by using store-bought frozen waffles)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 2 cups sliced green bell pepper
- 8 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and green peppers to pan; sauté 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Spread pepper and onion mixture evenly over waffles. Top with sausage and American cheese.
- On a parchment paper lined baking pan, bake for 6-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.