Pesto Penne with Italian Four Cheese Sausage
About this recipe
This pasta is packed with delicious flavors and rich veggies: zucchini, squash, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and eggplant. The signature flavor of Johnsonville Italian Four Cheese Sausage brings everything together for another simple and delicious meal!
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Fresh Italian Four Cheese Sausage
- 1 pound Barilla® Penne pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Barilla® pesto
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 cup cubed eggplant
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta, tomatoes and pesto together in a large bowl. Keep warm.
- Cook sausage according to package directions using the skillet method. Slice on bias ½ inch thick and set aside.
- In the same skillet used to cook the sausage heat the oil. Add the zucchini, squash, pepper, eggplant, onion and garlic. Sauté 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally. Add pine nuts and sausage and cook another two minutes.
- To serve, spoon pasta onto plate and top with the sausage and vegetable mixture.