Back To Recipe
Pasta Marinara with Italian Four Cheese Sausage
Don't bother. I'll bet this recipe is great, but you can't buy the Four Cheese Sausage anywhere. What's up with that? — Cary Weather
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Fresh Italian Four Cheese Sausage
- 1 pound Barilla® Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 cup cubed eggplant
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounce) sliced mushrooms
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounce) Barilla® marinara sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions and keep warm.
- Cook sausage according package directions using the skillet method. Slice on bias ½-inch thick. Set aside.
- In the same skillet used to cook the sausage, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, squash, pepper, eggplant, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté 6-8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add the garlic, and cook another minute. Add the sausage and marinara; heat through stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta.