Party-Size Sausage Calzone
Great. I've made this a dozen times. It's better than ordering out. I don't understand the Party-size title. Each one feeds up to two people. More like one and some lunch for the next day. — Caryn
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 jar (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Pan-fry or broil sausage according to package directions. Cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, ricotta, egg, parsley and seasonings.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half.
- Roll each piece into a 12 inch circle.
- Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spoon ½ cup sauce, half the cheese mixture and half the sausage onto half of the circle being careful not to spread ingredients all the way to the edge.
- Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 350˚ for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with extra pizza sauce.