flavorful, quick and easy. On Sunday I made this for dinner and used more chicken stock then it called for and I didn't add the second package of rice. I used smoked sausage instead of the sausage but very flavorful, tasty, good and easy. I will do it again — Kelley
- 1/2 JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, coin sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pouch (8.8 ounce) Spanish Style Ready Rice
- 1 pouch (8.8 ounce) Garden Vegetable Ready Rice (or other flavor)
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- 4 ounces pre-cooked, cleaned shrimp, defrosted
- roasted red pepper, if desired
- Saute sausage and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add stock, rice and peas and cook 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until warm, 2 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with roasted red pepper.