Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Best Brunch Casserole!. This is a family favorite in my house for all our Holiday brunches. It's very simple to prepare. Making it the night before saves time on busy Holiday mornings. Sometimes I skip the bacon bits and it's still just as delicious! I usually serve with fruit since it contains english muffins. We have our bread, eggs and veggies all in one! — Lisa Coleman
- 1 package (12 ounce each) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 6 English muffins, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounce) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounce) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish, layer half the English muffin cubes and half the sausage. Repeat layers.
- Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with the cheese, onion and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over casserole. Top with bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake at 350˚F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.