Back To Recipe
Orecchiette, Sausage, Peas & Spinach
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 package (16 ounces) orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Grana Padano cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cool slightly. Cut into ¼-inch slices.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente doneness; drain and set aside.
- Cook peas according to package directions.
- In a large sauté pan, add the butter, spinach and garlic. Cook on medium-high heat until the spinach is wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add sausage and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in pasta and peas.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until sauce coats the pasta.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated cheese. Enjoy!