Not Your Basic Breakfast Pizza
About this recipe
Some said it couldn’t be done. Others were afraid of the consequences, but the mad geniuses at Johnsonville have come up with a culinary creation that combines pizza and breakfast food. Eggs, hash browns, green onions, red bell peppers and sausage are lovingly covered with a delicious melty layer of Parmesan, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses. Johnsonville’s Vermont Maple Breakfast Sausage adds a nice hint of sweetness to help complete the meal. Pizza lovers have a new reason to get up in the morning!
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Vermont Maple breakfast sausages*
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 12-inch thin pizza crust, partially baked
- 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce**
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- *You may substitute any cooked Johnsonville Sausage product on this pizza.
- **You may want to experiment with red sauce or a variety of pasta sauces available in the grocery store. Your favorite salsa would also work great.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage links according to package directions. Cool slightly and slice into ½-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and brown hash brown potatoes until golden; set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook eggs until set and no liquid remains; set aside.
- To assemble pizza, evenly spread Alfredo sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Evenly spread prepared hash browns over pizza.
- Top with prepared scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Cheddar cheese, pepper and onions over the other ingredients.
- Top with prepared sausage pieces.
- Bake at 400˚F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut, serve and enjoy.