Nonna Gina’s Famous Lasagna
About this recipe
You’ve never had lasagna until you’ve had Nonna Gina’s Famous Lasagna. This tasty dish is packed with three types of cheese and Italian sausage almost as sweet as Nonna Gina herself.
- 2 pounds JOHNSONVILLE® All-Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- 1 box (9 ounce) curly lasagna shells
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups mozzarella, grated
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley
- 2 jars (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, parmesan, and parsley in a mixing bowl. Cook the lasagna shells. Fry all Johnsonville sausage in a baking pan; when browned, add 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan with the marinara. Then add a layer of lasagna shells, a ½-inch layer of the ricotta mix, and a 1-cup layer of grated mozzarella.
- Add another layer of shells, then a layer of the ground sausage. Add 1 additional cup of mozzarella.
- Add one more layer of shells, ricotta and mozzarella and a final layer of noodles. Then add another layer of sauce and another cup of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.