Nonna Gina’s Famous Lasagna
Winner!. Did not take long to make this recipe- and it was delicious. If you are a average family it will make enough for two meals and a lunch- great to freeze. Perfect for a group party if you make it in a tin pan so it can be reheated, which is does perfectly. Make sure you bake this long enough that every thing is really hot- it will fool you that it is cooked hot and bubbly. — ms. rosie
- 2 pounds JOHNSONVILLE® All-Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- 1 box (9 ounce) curly lasagna shells
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups mozzarella, grated
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley
- 2 jars (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, parmesan, and parsley in a mixing bowl. Cook the lasagna shells. Fry all Johnsonville sausage in a baking pan; when browned, add 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan with the marinara. Then add a layer of lasagna shells, a ½-inch layer of the ricotta mix, and a 1-cup layer of grated mozzarella.
- Add another layer of shells, then a layer of the ground sausage. Add 1 additional cup of mozzarella.
- Add one more layer of shells, ricotta and mozzarella and a final layer of noodles. Then add another layer of sauce and another cup of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.