About this recipe
Flavor Up that classic recipe!
- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 carton (15 oz.) ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- black olives, sliced (optional)
- Pan-fry or broil sausage according to package directions.
- Cut sausage in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- In a large skillet, combine the sausage, spaghetti sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, parsley and oregano.
- Spread one third of the sauce mixture over the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Layer with half of the noodles and half the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with a third of the sauce.
- Layer with the remaining noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black olives if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove lasagna from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350˚ for about 1 hour or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.