New Orleans Jambalaya
One of our favorites. This recipe is very tasty and easy to make. It actually takes about twice as long as the 25 minutes listed, since you have to chop and sauté the vegetables. My kids will not eat spicy things, so I substitute plain diced tomatoes for the tomatoes with chilis. You can also substitute brown rice - add about 20 minutes to the simmering time and be sure to stir periodically to prevent burning on the bottom. Cut the sausage in smaller pieces to distribute the flavor throughout. — BusyMomCook
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot 'N Spicy Brats
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup rice
- Remove brats from casing, crumble into skillet and cook through. Drain and reserve.
- In a large saucepan, combine sausage, tomatoes with green chilies, stewed tomatoes, onion, green pepper and water.
- Bring to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.