Back To Recipe
Johnsonville® Mustard and Basting Sauce with Grilled Pineapple
About this recipe
Created by Jim C. -Johnsonville Member
- 1/3 cup Johnsonville® Sweet Peppa Horseradish Mustard (Bring It)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- In a bowl, whisk the mustard, oil and agave nectar.
- Cut pineapple into slices or lengthwise quarters. Spray grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill pineapple for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides, turning often to prevent burning. Brush with mustard sauce; grill for 1 minute.
- Turn pineapple over and brush with additional mustard sauce. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Tips: Canned sliced pineapple may be substituted for fresh pineapple. Also try firm peach halves or tart quartered apples brushed with Johnsonville® mustard sauce.
- Variation: Mustard BBQ Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the mustard basting sauce (recipe above-mustard, olive oil and agave nectar), ¼ cup cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Cook and stir until heated through.