Johnsonville Mummy Sausages
Kid Tested and APPROVED!. Not only were these a yummy addition to our Saturday fare, they were fun to make! As always, Johnsonville sausage did not dissappoint as the the taste was very savory and satisfying. The addition of the cheese was a welcome surprise for kids. The only drawback with this recipe was working with the dough. Once is warmed a little in our hands it was more difficult to get it wrapped around the sausage in a "mummy-like" manner. Overall lots of fun and tasty! — Lesley
- 1 package (14 ounces) Johnsonville® Beddar with Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links
- 1 Refrigerated pie crust
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Carrot, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut pie crust into 1/4 inch strips. Wrap each link with pie crust from bottom to top, leaving a small portion of the sausage unwrapped for the face.
- Place wrapped sausage on a cookie sheet and bake 10 - 12 minutes. Place the sesame seeds for the eyes and cut a small piece of carrot for the mouth.
- OPTIONAL: With leftover pie crust cut out shapes such as ghosts, pumpkins, and witch hats. Brush them with an egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake on cookie sheet 10-12 minutes.