Mini Stuffed Meatball Pizza with Garlic-Parmesan Sausage-Stuffed Crust
Amazing!!!!. I loaded this pizza up with sausage and ham...added extra cheese and sauce a few extra sprinkles of parmesan cheese to top it all off....home run with my boys I think I'm stuck making this pizza every time now that they want it....forget dominos!!! it's mama's or nothing for my boys!! — teresa
- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli Olive Oil (for making the dough)
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli Olive Oil (for preparing the toppings)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 package Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage links
- 2 ounces Monterrey Jack or Provolone cheese, cut into 36 pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Stir yeast into water in large bowl.
- Add sugar, olive oil, salt, and flour and stir until dough forms.
- Turn onto lightly-floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Place in large bowl brushed with oil, turning to cover all sides of dough.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until double, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove sausage links from casings; set two links aside.
- Divide remaining three links into 10-12 pieces each.
- Wrap a chunk of Monterrey Jack cheese with one piece of sausage to form meatball.
- Repeat with remaining cheese and sausage.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in ten-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and green pepper; cook until browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Spoon mixture into bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in same skillet.
- Cook remaining sausage links until browned, breaking apart into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Shape pizza dough into large circle about 1 inch wider than large pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage and ½ cup shredded mozzarella 1 inch from edge of dough; fold dough over cheese and sausage and press to seal and form stuffed crust.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Top with onion mixture and olives.
- Evenly distribute meatballs on pizza.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove from oven; immediately rub butter over crust and sprinkle crust with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese, sprinkling extra cheese over entire pizza.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.