Mini Frittata Crostini
About this recipe
The versatility of Johnsonville Sausage shines through with this delectable recipe. This Italian delight uses zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, eggs, and Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links to create perfect portions of frittata that are topped on a light crostini. This dish is great for every occasion—a perfect morning breakfast, appetizers for fine dining, or whenever you need your Johnsonville fix!
- MINI FRITTATAS
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links or Naturals Original Breakfast Sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded fontina cheese
- 6 eggs or 1-1/2 cups liquid egg whites or egg substitute
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread baguette, cut into 36 slices (1/4-in. thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) garlic and herb cheese spread
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook sausage according to package directions; chop into small pieces.
- Spray 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Arrange sausage in muffin cups.
- In a skillet, sauté the zucchini, bell pepper, onion and parsley in oil until tender. Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; carefully pour into cups.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Let stand 2 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
- To prepare crostini, brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet. Broil for 1-2 minutes on each side, until toasted and lightly browned.
- Spread with garlic and herb cheese spread and top with a mini frittata. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.