Midwest Summer Memories
The best burgers I've ever had!. I liked a lot because unlike other does not contain much fat do not contain much fat or taste like cardboard. My whole family likes me and has given me my pleasure prepare for them! Highly recommended! — gabriela
- 6 Johnsonville® Bratwurst Patties
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches carrots, grated
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 summer squash, coarsely grated
- 2 cups cups jarred sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Dijon mustard, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 slices baby Swiss cheese
- 6 large Kaiser Rolls
- Spray a heavy duty deep tinfoil baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place grated carrots and onions inside.
- Use the remaining olive oil to lightly coat the cut sides of the Kaiser rolls, set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place patties on grill.
- Place the tinfoil pan on the other side of the grill. Stir gently until the onions and carrots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, summer squash and sauerkraut to the pan.
- Stir occasionally until the veggies become golden and soft.
- Turn the patties.
- Sprinkle the veggies with brown sugar and allow the sugar to melt as the veggies finish cooking. Stir lightly to distribute sweetness.
- Just before the patties are finished, lightly toast the rolls on the grill.
- Spread warm toasted rolls with Dijon mustard.
- Season the patties lightly with fresh pepper and place them on the buns.
- Top each burger with 1/6 of the grilled veggie/kraut mixture and a generous slice of baby Swiss, and then add the top bun.