Midwest Summer Memories
Submitted by: Heather K. of Troy, Ohio
Regardless of where you’re from, this dish is sure to help create fantastic memories! Enjoy this delicious combination of onions, carrots, red pepper, squash, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese as it lovingly tops the signature flavors of Johnsonville Bratwurst Patties. The presentation of this dish is superb with its yellows, oranges and reds—g eat for enjoying the summer sun or whenever you need a delicious pick-me-up!
- Cook: 30 minutes
Midwest Summer Memories
What you need
- 6 Johnsonville® Bratwurst Patties
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches carrots, grated
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 summer squash, coarsely grated
- 2 cups cups jarred sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Dijon mustard, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 slices baby Swiss cheese
- 6 large Kaiser Rolls
- 1 Spray a heavy duty deep tinfoil baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place grated carrots and onions inside.
- 2 Use the remaining olive oil to lightly coat the cut sides of the Kaiser rolls, set aside.
- 3 Heat the grill to medium-high. Place patties on grill.
- 4 Place the tinfoil pan on the other side of the grill. Stir gently until the onions and carrots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, summer squash and sauerkraut to the pan.
- 5 Stir occasionally until the veggies become golden and soft.
- 6 Turn the patties.
- 7 Sprinkle the veggies with brown sugar and allow the sugar to melt as the veggies finish cooking. Stir lightly to distribute sweetness.
- 8 Just before the patties are finished, lightly toast the rolls on the grill.
- 9 Spread warm toasted rolls with Dijon mustard.
- 10 Season the patties lightly with fresh pepper and place them on the buns.
- 11 Top each burger with 1/6 of the grilled veggie/kraut mixture and a generous slice of baby Swiss, and then add the top bun.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE