Mexican Style Stuffed Shells with Johnsonville Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage
Great Recipe. This is a wonderful dish to make. But I like to substitute shredded chicken for the Chicken Sausage. — dreama
- 25 jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 1 can (4.5 ounces each) diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- Prepare pasta shells according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and ricotta cheese.
- Stir in the sausage, chilies, taco seasoning and 1 cup Mexican blend cheese.
- Fill pasta shells with the sausage mixture.
- Combine salsa and taco sauce; spread ½ cup into the bottom of a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed shells in dish; drizzle with remaining salsa mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer.