Mexican Night Taco Bar
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Instead of your normal mystery meat taco with questionably fresh condiments, this Johnsonville creation brings the fiesta back to taco night! Delicious Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage gives you a fantastic start to let your imagination run wild. Add in some olive oil, chicken stock, garlic and onions, and you’ve got an instant hit with your friends and family.
- Servings: 8
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
Mexican Night Taco Bar
What you need
- 2 12oz. packages Johnsonville® Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- optional taco garnishes, sliced red radish, chopped jalapeno, shaved iceberg lettuce or green cabbage, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, salsa, lime wedges, and taco sauce.
- 1 Lay out your garnishes in small bowls on the table with the hot sauce.
- 2 Place a 10 inch skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and, when warm, toss in the garlic, onion, spices and Johnsonville® Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage.
- 3 Cook evenly on all sides for 5 minutes total.
- 4 Add the chicken stock and bring to slow simmer. Remove to bowl.
- 5 Place the warm sausage mix in the middle of the table with the condiments around.
- 6 Heat the tortillas in foil and then place on a plate for each to start to build their own idea of the Johnsonville Mexican Night Taco Bar.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE