Back To Recipe
The Mexican Breakfast in a Burger
Mex Berger. Great! — Edward Nussbaum
- 1 package (32 ounces) Johnsonville® Brat Grillers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded has brown potatoes
- 1 to 2 green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 English muffins, split
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices Asadero cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes to skillet. Spread in an even layer.
- Cook 6-7 minutes.
- Turn and cook 3-4 more minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place sausage patties on grill and prepare according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine green chilies and garlic; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Break eggs and slip into pan, one at a time.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken.
- With a nonmetal spatula, carefully turn eggs and cook to desired doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread butter on cut surfaces of English muffins and toast on grill.
- Remove cooked patties from grill.
- To assemble, place patty on bottom half of English muffin.
- Top with egg, hash browns, green chili mixture and muffin top. Serve.