Mediterranean Pasta with Johnsonville Italian Sausage
Tastes like summer!. Made this for my family, then for my sis and brother-in-law on a recent trip. Thumbs up all around. Tastes fresh and yummy. Pair with some crunchy French bread :) — Jeanne
Servings4 to 6 servings
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (julienne-cut packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounce) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 pound (1/2 of a 1 pound box) bowtie pasta, cooked
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled (can substitute parmesan other favorite cheese)
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh Basil leaves, chopped (lightly packed, about 1 ounce)
- Prep all the ingredients before starting to cook sausages.
- Spray a skillet with cooking oil. Add sausages. Cook over medium-high heat, until browned (about 5 minutes), turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked sausages to a cutting board. Allow to cool slightly then coin slice and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet clean add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Over medium heat add chopped onion and allow to cook for 5 minutes until just softened.
- Add red pepper, grape tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and stir together for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in olives, artichoke hearts, crushed garlic, cooked pasta, and sliced sausages, stir to combine and heat the ingredients all the way through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl toss with crumbled feta, Romano cheese and fresh basil. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.